Friday, August 20, 2010

Sewing and Seashores

I had a baby shower to go to for my friend from Lexington, Bridgette, about two weekends ago. I have been wanting to learn how to quilt so I decided to take this opportunity and try a baby quilt, at least I knew that it would be smaller than a normal one! It really did not take that long, and I had to rip out a few stitches, but it turned out pretty well.

This is the finished quilt. I took four fabrics and pieced them together to make four blocks. Then I sewed the blocks together, layered the front, backing, and batting, stitched them together, and then hand stitched up the hole. Then I just top-stitched around the edge, and then did a criss-cross quilting stitch.

This picture shows the backing, it was pink with white polka dots. The fabrics ended up matching perfectly with the baby's nursery.

For my last week of summer, I did not have to work, and we were able to go to the beach with Will's family for almost an entire week. We had such a wonderful time. We were right on the beach which was great, but I think Grady was the one most happy about that.

Since it was the middle of the summer, dogs are not supposed to be on the beach until after 6 pm. So, every night right at 6 we opened up the door and there Grady went. Will and I loved playing in the ocean with him!

We had such a wonderful time with the Faulkners. It was a great vacation, and a perfect way to relax before school started back!

No comments:

Post a Comment