Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday Happenings

When I finished up with my last exam (Saturday Dec. 11) I came home to do what everyone would want to do after a straight month of studying; I bleached and deep cleaned our entire apartment! Ya'll do not know how much I love bleaching and deep cleaning. In fact, I hate to clean unless I have the time to really, really clean. Will and I had such a good day while we cleaned and listened to Christmas music.

While cleaning, I had to throw away the flowers Will had gotten me before exams started. They had finally died, but I just hate throwing away flowers. But, then I got a great surprise. I got a beautiful, fresh flower delivery! These were from my Dad for being done with exams. They were absolutely stunning flowers! I was glad to see that they were from a florist down the street from us, Bella Bouquet. I saw it, on Rivers Avenue, last fall after it had opened and stopped in to pick up some flowers from there. I was glad to see that they were doing well by getting these flowers from them, because the people in the shop seemed so nice!

Here are the flowers after I first got them...

...and here they are after a few days, once they opened up a little bit more. Aren't they beautiful?

So, needless to say, with a clean apartment and fresh flowers, it was a great start to my Christmas break!

We did recently find out exciting news...Will does not have a mandatory transfer in May. He will actually stay stationed in St. Matthews until he applies for a transfer, which means that we can stay living near Charleston until I am done with school next year.

Will and I have been in Lexington since Sunday, and even though he still had to work through Wednesday, it is actually shorter for him to drive to work from Lexington! We have had a great time just relaxing and spending time with our families. Thanks for letting me catch you up, and HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. I have done the same thing to my house. I feels so good to be clean, since it was not done for about month during exams. Hope you and Will have had a wonderful holiday.

    I have started my own blog...http://scsoulshine.blogspot.com/ and would love for you to follow.

    ReplyDelete