Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fabulous Wedding Weekend

Two weekends ago, one of Will's best friends got married. Jeremy and Brittany are good friends of ours, and we were so happy to be a part of their amazing weekend. Everything was absolutely beautiful and the bride look gorgeous (I didn't get any good pictures of the bride and groom Saturday night, sorry!)

We got into Lexington for the rehearsal Friday night. (Sidenote: It was a little strange, being at Mt. Horeb for the rehearsal since that is where we got married as well, and I cannot believe it has been almost two years since Will and I were standing there!!!)

Here are the groomsmen from Lexington (minus Zac). Jamie, Jacob, and Will all played soccer together growing up and have been friends forever. Will Wantland also grew up with us and lived with Will and Jeremy in Clemson-it has been great having him live in Charleston now because we get to see him a good bit.

Me and Will at the rehearsal. Brittany asked me to be the "stand-in-bride" which was such an honor. If you are not from the south or not sure of what this is, there is an old superstition that the actual bride should not walk down the aisle or stand at the alter when the vows are being gone through until the actual wedding.

Here is the beautiful couple at the rehearsal. On the second run through, Brittany stepped in at the end so that she would know when to kneel and all. Let's face it brides, we're not paying attention at this point anyway-I mean I completely kneeled at the wrong time in our wedding and threw the whole program off, ha!

Me, Alicia, and Lindsay at the Rehearsal Dinner. The dinner was at a private dinner club downtown Columbia, and it was so nice! They had a great slideshow of the couple, and wonderful toasts!

Me and Will in the church after the ceremony. The ceremony was so special and beautiful. It was obvious that Brittany and Jeremy are so in love and they were so ready and excited to commit their lives to each other. The reception was in Columbia, so they had a bus to take all of the wedding party and their dates to the reception. It was so nice, and worry free!

It is always fun to go to Lexington weddings because you get to see so many people that you haven't seen in a while. This is my friend from high school Caroline. We actually lived part of a summer together in Clemson as well. Caroline is such a sweet person, and I wish I could see her smiling face more!

Yes, Will and Sara Beth are posing in front of the carriage (don't worry, no one else had come outside yet). It was great getting to see SB, and that beautiful engagement ring she is sporting these days!

I know most people say they love weddings, and I am no exception! But, I will say that since I have gotten married, weddings have taken on a whole new meaning for me. Each time as the couple says their vows, and they are joined together, it makes me remember the vows that I promised to Will. I am reminded of how I need to live up to those promises everyday, and how sacred and special our marriage is. I hope as we get older, we will always be excited to go to weddings, not only to celebrate with the couple, but also to remember our own commitment to each other.

What is your favorite part about going to weddings?

No comments:

Post a Comment