Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fun in North Carolina!

So, this has been a crazy week, and I have so many things I want to blog about, but first I need to talk about last weekend. Will and I took a mini-vacation last week to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. My cousin, Jason, lives there with his wife, Lori, and their two awesome sons, Thomas and Hampton. We decided to take off Thursday and Friday to ride up there because PC (my alma mater) was playing Wake Forest Thursday night.

Will and Thomas goofing around, Will was a huge hit with the boys!

We got there around lunch time on Thursday and hung out until we went to the game. I am sorry I do not have any pictures for ya'll, Lori and I both forgot our cameras! We had a blast tailgating with their friends, and there was even a pretty decent PC crowd there! Even though PC lost by 40 points, they had an insane trick play for a touchdown that heated up the football talk with the boys.

Friday, Jason showed us around downtown and Wake's campus. It had been a long time since I had been there, and Will had never been. Once Thomas was out of school, we headed to Lori's mom's house. Lori's family has a beef cattle business, and she has a beautiful home on the land. We rode four wheelers around the land and up to a waterfall. Even Thomas decided to come along.

Jason leading the way

Lori and Thomas

Will and I at the waterfall

Overall we had an amazing time in North Carolina! It was so great to spend time with Jason and his wonderful family.

1 comment: