Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 10 of Valentines

So Will is always doing romantic things for me, and I always feel like I am just not as creative in this field. Well, this year I decided to try and really make him feel special and am doing 14 days of Valentines with a little gift each day. They have ranged anywhere from heart shaped cupcakes to a new book.

Side Note: Will is the absolute, 180 degree, opposite of me in one specific way: he is uncomfortable/awkward when receiving gifts. (Obviously, I do not have such a problem in that my Love Language is "Receiving Gifts" ha!) He has admitted that he wants to work on this because it is hard for him to enjoy something someone gives him, and I may be pushing him into working on this just because I love to give him things!

I think Will has enjoyed feeling special and seeing how much I love him each day when he finds something around the house- so I hope he has enjoyed this Valentine's fun, because I have had a blast coming up with things. Last night for Day 10 we ended up going to see a play downtown at Footlight Players. I have to admit that this was only possible because the tickets were on Groupon one day, so a great deal!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, but this is a picture of the Theater.

We turned it into a full date night and went to one of our favorite downtown restaurants, Sushi Hiro, which has great sushi for cheap! Then we headed to the theater and it was a beautiful community theater. The play was one of our favorites, "A Raisin in the Sun," and did not disappoint! It was such a wonderful performance (my eyes were even glistening at one point-which is quite the feat for those actors!) Overall it was a wonderful date, and we cannot wait to go back to this theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment