Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011...Ready or Not

Well...another year down. Of all the ways that I could describe 2010 for us, boring could not be one of them! This past year...
  • I finished my first year of law school, and still wanted to start my second. I always thought that I was the type of person who would want to stay in school forever, and so far, I have done a pretty good job. But finally, as the hours studying and student loans are reaching their peak, I am ready and excited about coming to the end of my time as a full time student and starting my career.
  • I celebrated my first year of marriage with my husband Will. Although we have had so much going on, our new marriage has been such a calm, strong center of our lives.
  • My brother and his wife (Matt and Alyssa) were able to live with us for a month while their house was being finished. We had so much fun, and when else can you live with four people and two 70 lb. dogs in 1000 sq. feet and love it!
  • Will and I turned our entire den into a pretty awesome fort, and I subsequently lost two school books for about a month, forgetting that they were holding down some blankets on top of the entertainment center.
  • Grady turned 1, and is pretty much amazing, he is definitely our furry child!
Friday night, we celebrated New Year's Eve at Matt and Alyssa's with a bunch of their friends. We had tons of food and played games before the ball dropped. We had a great time. Then yesterday, we had them over for our New Year's Day celebration. Of course we had to have the traditional meal to make sure we got our health and wealth for the year! I made...
pork roast with pepper jelly,
collard greens, black eyed peas,
and cornbread.

We had a great night, and the food turned out pretty good. It looks like a great start to 2011, and we are ready (almost) to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment